Android 4.4.2 KitKat Rom for Samsung Galaxy S Advance
The Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 which also known as Galaxy S2 lite is a good deal under an affordable budget, as it offers Dual core 1 GHz Cortex A9 processor with Mali 400 graphic chip, and dedicated 768 MB RAM. With good screen size, and camera, this handset it able to give you a good video watching, and capturing experience. The handset was released with Android OS v2.3.6, and then upgraded to 4.1.2 Jelly bean operating system.
But further no update has been rolled out by Samsung. And it is sure, that it won’t be on list of Samsung’s to roll out any further updates for it. So, the only way to update it to latest Android OS is to use custom Rom developed, and distributed by third-party. One of senior member of XDA forum, Flo0008 has distributed a Android 4.4.2 KitKat based firmware for Galaxy S Advance.
The Rom is port of Carbon Rom, developed for Galaxy S3, all features, and apps have been ported, and modified to run on S Advance. All functions, and features are fully working, and we can say that, it is most complete KitKat Rom for this handset. This Carbon Rom, features includes scroll able tabs, custom navigation bar, Ribbon the apps, customize the battery, and signal icons, Advance task manager,Power menu, HALO,many CM 10 features & apps, Quicklaunch, Active display, and many more. The Rom is full of features, and its stable too. Good for daily usage. If you want to read more about this Rom, then you must visit here. [XDA Thread]
[iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/RkwGmH2LvPQ?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
Read all the pre-requisites listed below very carefully, and implement them to prepare the device for Rom installation.
- This Rom has been developed, and distributed by third-party, and it is not a part of Samsung, and Google updates in any way.
- It has been built only for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 model, and meant nothing for any other model, and device.
- It is recommended that you backup all the important stuff stored under the phone’s memory. Because installation process will wipe out the phone’s memory completely. Go through our guide to backup apps, games, and message.
- We recommend to you backup your phone’s current Rom for safety. It will act as savior in case if something goes wrong, or you want to install the old Rom. To backup rom, go to recovery mode, then look for backup and restore, then backup.
- Enable the USB debugging on the device. Enabling it, allows your device to connect to PC for file transfer. To enable it, go to phone’s Settings->Developers options-> check the USB debugging box.
- Charge your phone good extent. Your phone must have at least 50% charging.
→ Get the Carbon Rom zip file from here. (Carbon_4.4.2-KK_TEAM-P8_20140121_Build-8.zip)
→ Get the Gapps zip for Rom from here. (Slim Gapps 4.4.2.zip)
→ Get the SuperSU app zip file from here. (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.86.zip)
Installation: KitKat Rom on Galaxy S Advance
- First, download all the three files listed in downloads section. Put them all to SD card of the device, remember the name, and location of the files.
- Turn off the device, and wait at least 5-7 seconds.
- Turn on the device by pressing, and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together until Samsung logo appears on screen. Once it up, release the buttons, you’ll be on recovery mode very soon. (CWM or TWRP)
- For clean, and bug free installation, perform the followings under recovery options:
- Select “Wipe data/Factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to perform it.
- Now select “wipe cache partition“, then confirm it on next screen.
- Go to “Advanced“-> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and then confirm it.
- Now, select “install zip from sd card”, then “choose zip from sd card”, now find, and locate the Rom zip file (Carbon_4.4.2-KK_TEAM-P8_20140121_Build-8.zip), then select “Yes” on next screen to let it install. It may take few minutes to complete.
- Once it done, install the Gapps, and SuperSU zip files in similar way.
- Once you done with installing all three files, go back to main menu, there select “reboot system now”.
The phone will reboot, and it will boot up to home screen in few minutes. You may face some longer time during boot up for the first time, it is normal, and it happens to most of the device.