How to enter Recovery mode in Sony Xperia Z2
Are you looking to boot into the recovery mode on your Sony Xperia Z2? If yes, then this guide is dedicated to your. This guide will teach how to enter into the recovery mode on Xperiz Z2 through two ways. There might be more ways, but most easy to implement are explained in this guide. If you don’t know what is Recovery mode, then let me enlighten you little bit. It is a very important mode, through which one can install custom Roms, mods, and many third-party packages. Additionally, it allows users to backup Rom, perform cleanup and few more activities.
Entering to recovery mode on Sony Xperia Z2 is very easy, you can choose any method from the two listed here based on needs. The two methods listed are, one is through hardware key combinations, and other is through using a Quickboot app. The first method, through hardware key combination works very best until you damaged any key physically. Second method is best suited if you have a rooted device, you could reboot to recovery mode through just one click.
Below, both the methods has been explained, choose one of them wisely.
How to Boot Sony Xperia Z2 Recovery Mode
→Recovery mode through Hardware Keys
- Turn off the device and wait at least 5 seconds.
- Power On the device by pressing Power button and when Notification LED gets up then press Volume Up or Down button (either one works) several times.
- It will take your to recovery mode screen very soon.
→Recovery mode through QuickBoot App (root required)
Quickboot App, it is a free application available in Google Play store. It allows root users to boot into recovery mode and bootloader mode through its easy interface, and without having hassle of any key combination.
- Get the Quickboot app from Google Play Store from here. Install the application on your phone.
- When ready, run the application on your device.
- Grant root access to this application, so it can proceed further.
- From the list of options select “Recovery” .
- Wait until it take you to Recovery mode of your device.
These were the two most easy ways in which you can enter to recovery mode. So you have successfully learnt how to boot into recovery mode on your Xperia Z2. If there is anything bothering you about this device or guide then let us know. Additionally, if you’re looking to root, and install recovery mode on your device then you must visit : How to root and install CWM Recovery on Xperia Z2.