How to install Android KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
The Galaxy Ace has been very popular since it has been introduced by Samsung. When launched, at that time it was a pretty decent device, but now its hardware is outdated, and received no Jelly Bean, and KitKat update from Samsung. Even Samsung is not providing any official update but still there’s a way to update Galaxy Ace to latest firmware. However there might be some bugs you would face but of course good enough for daily usage.
To update Samsung Galaxy Ace to KitKat we will use a custom Rom based on KitKat firmware. There are some Roms out there, but most complete, and stable Roms are, CM 11, and Omni Rom. We will use CM 11 Rom, based on latest Android 4.4.2 firmware, it is most complete, stable, and smooth KitKat Rom available for Galaxy Ace. Installing this Rom not only update your device to latest firmware but it also improve the device performance, and usability.
To flash this Rom successfully, you must follow the exact guide given without skipping, or mixing any steps. The Rom comes with tons of new apps, and features, as this build of CyanogenMod, so of course it also comes with tons of Advanced settings, and customization options to control and use device effectively.
- The Rom, and guide are only made for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, and meant nothing for any other model, and other device. Don’t try them on any other device, it could lead to some serious damage.
- Backup all the important, and necessary stuff which has been stored in phone’s memory. Follow our →Android backup guide to back up installed apps, massages, contacts, and current Rom as well.
- Recommended – Backup the current Rom of your device, it would be great help in case if any go wrong. You can easily switch back to old Rom in no time.
- Most important – In order to install KitKat Rom on your device, you must have latest CWM recovery on it. Without it, you cannot install this Rom. If you haven’t install it yet, then don’t worry. We have provided it below.
- Enable the USB debugging on your phone, go to settings->Application->Developments->check the USB debugging box there.
- Charge your phone to good extent. At least charge your device to 40%. It should be able to survive all the time.
→Get the Android 4.4.2 KitKat based CyanogenMod 11 Rom file from here (cm-11.0.0-RC4-GT-S5830-cooper-PS.zip). Download the file, and put it to your phone’s memory card and remember the file name, and location.
Note:- As said in pre-requisites, to install this Rom you must have CWM 126.96.36.199 or above custom Recovery on your phone. If you don’t have then watch the below video or otherwise ignore it.
Install CWM 188.8.131.52 Recovery on Galaxy Ace
Download the CWM 184.108.40.206 from here, and flash it under the recovery mode.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Ace
So that’s all, it end our guide on how to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Ace using CyanogenMod 11 custom Rom. If you have any concern or problem then let us or simply you can share your feedback too.