How to install CyanogenMod 12.0 on Moto E
Now you can enjoy the goodness of CynogenMod 12 Rom on Moto E as well, the Rom is based on Lollipop Android Open Source Project and distributed over xda by @percy_g2, an Android developer. Designed to improve the over all performance of device and to provide improved user experience.
If you are looking to install CyanogenMod 12 Rom on your Moto E, then, you’ve come to right place. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to install this Android Lollipop based Rom using the TWRP Recovery. Along with improved performance, and stability, you’ll be served with many powerful features, and applications with this Rom. In face, simply if you looking to improve the performance of Moto E, installing this Rom would be best choice.
The entire installation process of CyanogenMod 12 Android Rom on Moto E is very simple and any one having TWRP Recovery on their device can install this Rom. However, as still this Rom is in development, there might be few bugs, not the major ones, but don’t worry, you’ll receive the OTA updates as well.
Before proceeding any further, read the following pre-requisites very carefully and prepare your device accordingly.
#This Rom has been designed only Motorola Moto E and meant nothing for any other phone or model in any way. Installing this Rom may lead to brick or damage condition, so be careful and make sure to check your device model.
#Remember, installing this Rom would remove all the stuff stored under the device memory as we’ll proceed with wipe out process for completely clean installation. Save all the important files to external or safe place, visit our → Android Backup Guide.
#We always recommend to prepare a back up of Rom of device, in case you face any problem or want to go back, in that case, the back up Rom would be ideal to go back. You can find the Rom back up option under the Recovery option or visit our above mentioned guide, at the bottom of post, we have mentioned the Rom back up procedure.
#Most importantly, to install this Rom, make sure that your Moto E has latest TWRP custom recovery, without it would not possible to install this Rom. To install this recovery, visit here.
#Make sure that you’ve enabled the developers mode and USB debugging option on your device, to enable, visit Settings → Developers options → Check the USB Debugging box to enable and confirm the selection.
#Charge your phone to good extent, we recommend to charge it at least 40%, it shouldn’t die at the time of installation.
CyanogenMod 12 Review
- Download the CyanogenMod 12 Rom for Moto E from →here, download the latest build based on date.
- Download the Gapps package from here (pa_gapps-modular-nano-5.0.1-BETA5-20141225-signed.zip).
How to install CyanogenMod 12.0 on Motorola Moto E
- Download and put both mentioned files to your device memory, remember their names and locations.
- Turn off the device and wait 3-5 seconds.
- Boot into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons all together at same time and you’ll get the boot menu. From the list of options, select the recovery mode, TWRP recovery.
- Now to completely clean installation, possibly can apply the Factory Reset, press Wipe. and confirm your selection.
- To install this Rom, press Install, find and locate the downloaded CM 12 Rom file and proceed with further selection to confirm the installation process.
- Once finished, similarly install the Gapps file package.
- Now from the recovery options, select the reboot to restart your device and all done.
Note: For the very first time, your phone may take little longer time to get start, please don’t worry, its completely normal. Your phone will boot to new home screen and proceed further to get started with your device.
All done, you’ve successfully installed the CyanogenMod 12 Rom on your Motorola Moto E. Enjoy its goodness, features and apps and don’t forget to share your experiences, hurdles and experiments with this Rom and device, all would be honoured very well over here.