How to ring your android device remotely from your laptop
One common problem with mobile phones is we often lose them- sometimes below a stack of clothes, or in a stuffed bag, or below the bed, or in some remote cases, inside the bed cover. We then look for people to ring our phone- but what if the device is on silent mode or vibration mode? The hunt begins to find the phone in every corner of the house. The situation is worse when outdoors.
Google has now solved the problem of ringing a silent mobile. Follow the following steps to find your mobile-
- Find a device with working interet connection- any other mobile, tablet or laptop will do.
- Sign in to your Google account- the account with which you are logged in to the device you are searching.
- Open Android Device Manager in the browser. It will show all the Android devices – mobile or tablet where you have signed in from this account.
- Select the required device and use the “Ring” option.
- The mobile/tablet you are searching for will ring at its full volume for 5 minutes- even if it is on silent or vibration mode.
- You can stop the ringing by pressing the power button of the device you are searching for.
Do let us know what you think of this quick tip.