Update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Resurrection Remix Rom
Whether you are looking to update your Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system or looking for a custom Rom for it, the Resurrection Remix Rom would be a good option to go with. Nowadays it is very common to use custom Rom to achieve new features and customization options and in many aspects they are much better when compared to stock.
All credits go to CodeZero, a senior member as XDA forum who has brought this official build of Resurrection Remix Rom and we can use it to update our device to new Marshmallow Android version and enjoy the awesomeness that comes with this Rom. This is an official build however still you may expect some bugs and you can view the complete list of bugs and other information related to it over here. Now about this Rom, the Resurrection Remix is perfect blend of top Roms such as CyanogenMod ,slim, omni and original Remix ROM builds, it comes with best of their features along with some unique features too.
If you are looking to update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 Marshmallow then this Rom would be an ideal choice and here in this tutorial we’ll help you make it easy to update your device. Below are the list of Resurrection Remix Rom’s features:
Resurrection Remix Rom’s Features
-Navbar Ring Switch
-Navbar Ring Targets
-Navbar Button Customization
-Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)
-Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
-SuperUser Indicator Switch
-Carrier Label Switch
-Carrier label Colour
-Quick PullDown Switch
-Smart Pulldown Switch
-Time & date
-Day & date Toogle
-Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
-Battery Bar customization
-Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
-Battery % Text
-Network Traffic Indicator
-RR exclusive PITCH BLACK THEME
-Gestures Anywhere Feature
App Circle Bar
-Choose apps in App circle
-Clear All button Switch
-Clear All Tasks Switch
-Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
-CLock And Alarm Customizations
-Weather Panel Customizations
-Choose upto 5 Shortcuts
-100+ Icons for Shortcuts
-Quick Slider Shortcuts
-Weather Display Switch
-Choice to Add 20+ Tiles
-Enable 2/3/4 Tiles per Row
-Enable Disable Birghtness Slider in Notification Panel
-Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
-LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
-Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
-Power Menu End Calls Switch
-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Home Button Wake Up
-Home Button answer call
-Long Press Actions
-Double Tap Actions
-Back Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Wake Up device Switch
-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Wake Up Device Switch
-Short Press Actions
-Long Press Actions
-Search Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
-Wake Up Device
-Short Press Action
-Long Press Action
-Wake Up Device
-Keyboard Cursor Control
-Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
-Expanded Desktop Mode
-All New CM Audio FX App
-Heads Up Customizations
-OverAll Smoothness Improvements
-Optimizations to Improve Battery
-ALL cm12 Features
- This Rom is only for Sony Xperia M and it should not be used on any other device, it could lead to brick condition.
- Make sure to save all the important stuff stored under the device memory to safe place as the installation process will wipe out the device memory. Recommended: Learn how to back up an Android device.
- We also recommend to back up device’s Rom, namely know as Nandroid backup. The above mentioned guide like will help you to this backup too.
- Your phone should be having a custom recovery such CWM or TWRP in order to flash this Rom.
- Charge your device to good battery level and make sure that it should not get turned off while we install this Rom over it.
- Download the Resurrection Remix Rom for Sony Xperia M from here.
- Download the Google Apps package from here.
Copy both the zip files to your device, remember their name and location.
How to install Resurrection Remix Android 6.0 Rom on Xperia M
- Power off the device.
- Enter Recovery mode -Press Power button and when Notification LED gets up then press Volume Up or Down button (either one works) several times and you’ll be redirected to recovery mode CWM or TWRP.
- For clean installation, perform followings under recovery option:
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- Now select “install zip from sd card” then select “choose zip from sd card“, find and locate the downloaded Rom zip file and, select “yes” to begin the installation.
- Similarly, install Gapps zip package.
- Go back to recovery option and select “reboot system now“.
It might possible that for first time your device may take several minutes to boot up to home screen so don’t yourself worried as it is completely normal. So that’s all about this guide on how to update Sony Xperia M to Android 6.0 using Resurrection Remix Rom. If you face any issue let us know and we’ll surely help you to get through!