The Computer Knowledge or Computer Awareness portion is a required component of several of the country’s main competitive tests.
In this post, we’ll go through the list of topics that make up the Computer Aptitude area, as well as the tests that cover this subject.
The Computer Awareness section’s questions are basic and direct. If candidates perform well in this section, they will easily improve their overall score.
What is Computer Awareness?
A computer is a programmable machine that can calculate or process massive volumes of data in a variety of formats. It allows users to easily and automatically store and process data. A computer can edit text, create images or graphs, perform animation, translate languages, and even play games. In other words, a computer is a programmable machine that performs arithmetic and logical operations on user input automatically and sequentially and then outputs the intended result. A system is a collection of interconnected components that operate together to achieve one or more common objectives.
Three major components make up a computer system.
The first is computer hardware, which encompasses all of the computer’s mechanical, electrical, and electronic bits and components.
The second component is computer software, which consists of an operating system, programs, or applications that tell a computer how to process input and generate the necessary information.
Third, there are computer personnel, who prepare data for computerized input, build computer programs, monitor computer processes, and distribute the output. End users also make use of computer resources.
Few reasons why you should consider paying a little more attention to computer aptitude:
- The inquiries are straightforward.
- Based on fundamental computing skills
- It takes less time.
- There will be no long solutions or calculations.
- In many bank exams, this component is integrated with the Reasoning Ability section.
Candidates must achieve the minimum qualifying marks overall and in each section to be considered for the most competitive tests. As a result, doing well on all parts of the exam is essential.
Candidates must work harder in this domain to increase their total marks because the Computer Awareness test is easier than the other major sections of the competitive examination. Few exams that include computer aptitude to examine your ability are as follows:
- UGC NET
- IBPS PO
- IBPS Clerk
- IBPS RRB
- RBI Assistant
- SSC CGL
- SSCL CHSL
- FCI Manager
- LIC HCFL and many more.
Candidates preparing for banks or any other job need to have a basic knowledge of computers to be able to showcase their progressive skill with technological ability. In other words. employees must have computer-related expertise since banks regard computer awareness to be a prerequisite in their profession. As a result, individuals studying for bank exams for instance must have a basic understanding of computers. It’s a part of calculating points.
The following are some of the most important computer aptitude topics:
- Computers in History
- Computer Operating Systems Fundamentals
- Important Abbreviations for Microsoft Office
- System for Managing Databases
- Devices for Input and Output
- Various Operating Systems
Scoring high in the computer aptitude portion can be a game-changer. So, the first thing you should do is not to stress that this area is not to be neglected.
- Adopt a systematic and coordinated strategy: Complete the chapters and continue to take regular examinations.
- Revision is a crucial aspect of the preparation process. So, keep revising whatever you’ve learned.
- From a topic like number systems, you might expect some numerical issues in the computer awareness portion. So, to answer questions more quickly, it’s a good idea to continuously practice these conversions.
- Focus on the specific exam question pattern, is there any specific topic that is given much attention. If yes, then start preparing right away. Remember along with reasoning, quantitative aptitude, and English language sections, General Awareness, computer aptitude section is also important in helping you clear the exam cut-offs.