CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop Rom for Galaxy Ace 2
Now you can install CyanogenMod 12.1 Rom on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 as well. That means with update latest Android Lollipop operating system, you’ll having fun with goodness of CyanogenMod apps and features. It’s a good way to get updated, it’ll also improves the device’s performance in almost all aspects, increase productivity, let you enjoy the newer Android user interface without having to wait for official update and much more.
If you are looking to update your Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 5.1.1 operating system, it would be great to start with. In this post, we have mentioned a complete easy to follow guide which help you to install this Rom using the custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. It will hardly take your 5 -10 minutes to complete the entire procedure. If you want to read more about this Rom before installation, visit XDA thread over here.
Check out the review video below of this Rom on Ace 2
Before we proceed further, read all the pre-requisites mentioned below,
- This rom and guide is dedicated to Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 and it should be used on any other device. Check your device model before installing this Rom.
- Make sure to save all the important data to same safer side as internal memory will be wiped out completely and that can’t be undo.
- We always recommend our readers to back up their device’s Rom as well. The procedure is given in above guide.
- Make sure that you’ve already have custom recovery as we need it to install this Rom successfully.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To enable, go to settings -> developers settings -> check the USB debugging and allow your permission.
- Charge your handset to good extent.
- Download the CM 12.1 Lollipop 5.1.1 Rom for Galaxy Ace 2 from here.
- Download the Gapps package from here.
Download the put both these files into your device’s memory.
How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop Rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
- Turn off the device and wait at least 3.-5 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons all together until your device get booted to recovery mode.
- Now perform following for clean installation:
- Wipe data cache
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Now install rom file, select install zip from SD and the choose the downloaded Rom Zip file from your device and confirm the installation, select “yes” no next screen.
- Similarly install Gapps package.
- Once you done with installation of both the files and select “reboot system now” and you’re done!
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Ace 2 to latest Android 5.1.1 using CyanogenMod 12.1 custom Rom. For the very first boot, it may take some time to start, that usually happened. Enjoy this beautiful and powerful Rom, share our post and stay connected.