How to install CyanogenMod 12.0 on Moto E
Now you can enjoy the goodness of CynogenMod 12 Rom on Moto E as well, the Rom is based on Lollipop Android Open Source Project and distributed over xda by @percy_g2, an Android developer. Designed to improve the over all performance of device and to provide improved user experience.
If you are looking to install CyanogenMod 12 Rom on your Moto E, then, you’ve come to right place. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to install this Android Lollipop based Rom using the TWRP Recovery. Along with improved performance, and stability, you’ll be served with many powerful features, and applications with this Rom. In face, simply if you looking to improve the performance of Moto E, installing this Rom would be best choice.
The entire installation process of CyanogenMod 12 Android Rom on Moto E is very simple and any one having TWRP Recovery on their device can install this Rom. However, as still this Rom is in development, there might be few bugs, not the major ones, but don’t worry, you’ll receive the OTA updates as well.
- Download the CyanogenMod 12 Rom for Moto E from →here, download the latest build based on date.
- Download the Gapps package from here (pa_gapps-modular-nano-5.0.1-BETA5-20141225-signed.zip).
How to install CyanogenMod 12.0 on Motorola Moto E
- Download and put both mentioned files to your device memory, remember their names and locations.
- Turn off the device and wait 3-5 seconds.
- Boot into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons all together at same time and you’ll get the boot menu. From the list of options, select the recovery mode, TWRP recovery.
- Now to completely clean installation, possibly can apply the Factory Reset, press Wipe. and confirm your selection.
- To install this Rom, press Install, find and locate the downloaded CM 12 Rom file and proceed with further selection to confirm the installation process.
- Once finished, similarly install the Gapps file package.
- Now from the recovery options, select the reboot to restart your device and all done.
Note: For the very first time, your phone may take little longer time to get start, please don’t worry, its completely normal. Your phone will boot to new home screen and proceed further to get started with your device.
All done, you’ve successfully installed the CyanogenMod 12 Rom on your Motorola Moto E. Enjoy its goodness, features and apps and don’t forget to share your experiences, hurdles and experiments with this Rom and device, all would be honoured very well over here.