Just like the previous smartphones from Samsung, the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus come loaded with tons of bloatware apps. Generally, these applications remain unused throughout the time, and unfortunately, we can’t get rid of them. In this tutorial, we’ll help you to get rid of bloatware/unwanted apps on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, and disable them completely. Getting rid of these applications can help to improve the performance of your phone a lot. No matter, whether you use them, or not, many of them will keep updating, even running in the background, and in many other ways, they keep using the power resources.
Users like us, mostly, find other useful applications and install them on our phone, like, Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+. As per the XDA report, there about 120 bloatware applications come pre-installed in these two. You can easily count the impact, or simply, imagine how positive impact it would bring if you at least disable them. Since, Samsung keeps fabricate these applications within the operating system, without rooting, it wouldn’t possible to remove them. However, you we can disable them one-by-one, or all at once using an app disabler script.
The package disablers are quite common with Samsung smartphones. Irrespective of model, we have plenty of package disablers. We should give a big thanks to BAYmustafa96 for bringing a proper package disabler for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Basically, it is an .XML file that contains a list of all bloatware (unnecessary) apps with a set of instructions to remove them. However, alone this won’t help you to clear off your phone. This file works with an application that you’ll have to buy from Google Playstore.
You’ll need to purchase a BK Package Disabler application from Google Play Store, and then you’ll be able to use this package disabler file. This application doesn’t require root access, and it is built specifically for Samsung smartphones. The application is available for $2.49 or Rs 150 (INR) on Google Play Store. If you’re serious about cleaning, and boosting your Galaxy S9 or S9 Plus, we recommend you buy this app. You can also make use this application on other Samsung’s smartphones. Thus, you can make good use of this application.
As per the developer’s notations, utilizing this package on either Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+, would free a good amount internal storage, and frees nearly 1.3-1.4 GB of RAM. That simply conveys a better performance overall. Thus, disabling unwanted/unused apps should bring improvements in performance, and battery life aspects. Otherwise, you can do it manually, one by one. Though, it would take some time to disable them all. Now, let’s learn how to disable these apps.
How to Disable Unnecessary Apps on Galaxy S9 / S9+
1. Method – Disable manually each application
Yes, you can disable each application manually one by one. However, that can be time taking task, but it works. There are no special instructions. We can do it as we do to uninstall other applications. To disable applications on Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, follow the below instructions:
- Tap Settings
- Then, look for Apps, and then tap on it.
- Now, under the list of apps, tap on an app that you want to disable.
- Then tap on disable, and confirm you action.
- Repeat the procedure with other apps.
Repeat this action all apps that you think of as a waste on your phone. It will help you to achieve more, and more space on your phone. Better performance since it does free good amount of RAM.
If you don’t want to do it manually, then we would suggest you to purchase a BK Package Disabler app from Google Play Store, and use the package disable file.
2. Method – Using Samsung Package Disabler
It is becoming very common among Samsung’s users. Almost all Samsung’s smartphones are bloated with tons of applications, and using this package/app, it becomes seamlessly easier to reduce them.
Once you have applied this package, around 120 apps (bloatware apps) will be disabled. It will free a good amount of storage, and RAM as well. Let’s begin with the process.
- Download the XML file for BK Package Disabler (modified for a better user experience) from →here.
- Get the BK Package Disabler from Google Play Store from →here.
- Download BK Plugin 2 from→here, and install it on you phone. This application helps to run BK Package Disabler app properly.
Now, you’ve got all the things that you need to disable apps on your phone. Follow below instructions:
- Open the BK Package Disabler app on your phone.
- For the first time, it would request some authorizations. Just give all Administrator Privileges to this application:
- Now, tap on the three-dot menu, and tap on Import/Export XML option.
- Now, a popup window should appear. Tap on Import from XML and locate the downloaded Package disabler file.
- This application will now proceed further, and disable all the bloatware mentioned within the XML file. This process is automated. Once completed, it will list all apps (checked mark) like below:
- Now exit the application.
This script will disable about 120 applications that relief more than 1 GB of RAM. You must know that this script might also contain some apps that you use generally. So, check all the applications that have been disabled.
There, you can enable them. That ends our tutorial here, and we hope that it would be helpful to Samsung S9 and S9 Plus users. Please your views, and thoughts about this tutorial below.