How to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102
After having great response for Galaxy Grand from Android phone users, Samsung has introduced its second version in Q4 of year 2013. The main focus was to cover all the things which been lacking on former handset. With new quad-core processor, little big screen, 50% more RAM, and many more modification, the handset was launched with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system. Being popular, and enormous, its leads to many developers to show their creativity.
To get more from this handset, the first, and most crucial step is to root it. Rooting Galaxy Grand 2 will allow you to get access to its actual power, and hardware capabilities. Apart, you’ll be able to use very powerful, and essential root applications such as LinkSD, Rom Manger, etc. Also root is required by most of the Roms for their installation, and somewhat good to improve its usability, and customize it in your own way.
Remember, root will void the device warranty because it is against the term, and conditions of mobile manufacture company. But it can be undo by un-root the device by following respective guide. To start the process, read all the pre-requisites listed below, and make sure to prepare the device according to them.
- This guide, and rooting tool is only for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102, and meant not be tried on any other model or device. Make sure to check the device model under phone’s settings.
- Well it optional to back up your device, but for complete safety of own, you can save all the data, apps, and games stored under the phone’s memory to safe location. You can follow our backup guide for non-root user to proceed.
- Turn USB debugging “On” on the device. To enable it, go phone’s Settings->Developers options->check to USB debugging there. It is very crucial step, so don’t skip it.
- You need a Windows-based PC with internet connectivity to download the root files. A USB cable to connect your device to PC, and make sure that you have installed proper device driver on PC. If you haven’t installed yet, then go here to download the drivers, and install them to PC.
- If you don’t know what you are doing then don’t do it in any manner, rooting procedure is simple, but you should know what actually you are doing.
→ Get the rooting tools package from here.