Update Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 with Omni 4.4.2 KitKat Rom
The Android KitKat based Roms are reaching to most of the handsets, some of them are officially, and rest of them are unofficial. For Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305, a build of Omni Rom based on latest Google OS has been distributed officially, and use instruction given in this post to update your device with it. As it is official Rom, you don’t have to worry about bugs, issues, and any other problem regarding to this build.
Omni 4.4.2 Rom is somewhat different from official firmware, many improvements, and changes have been emerged to improve device usability, and productivity. Not only install this Custom Rom update your device, but also improve the performance and user interface of the device. Omin is one of most popular Rom maker, the same one is available for most of the device. With simplicity, and stability, it comes with many powerful features to use the phone very efficiently.
- Check you device model number before proceeding any further, it should be →Samsung Galaxy S3 I9305. Don’t try it on other device, it can damage it very badly.
- To install this Rom successfully, you should flash it using CWM or TWRP recovery. It won’t work with stock recovery, if you try, then you will face some bugs, and issues.
- Backup your all important data which is stored in phone’s memory to safe place. Also for future safety, backup your current Rom. Use this guide given here to backup your device, and Rom.
- Enable USB debugging on your device. To enable it, go to phone’s settings, under it look for “Developers options”. Select it, and under it, check the USB debugging box.
- We recommend to charge your phone to good extent. Charge it to at least 50% battery level.
- Download the Omni 4.4.2 KitKat Rom firmware zip file from here. (download the latest build )
- First, download the Rom zip file, and then copy it to SD card of your device, or external memory. Remember the location of file and name.
- Now put your off, and wait for 4-6 seconds.
- Turn off the phone by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns on. Through this key combination, it will take you to recovery mode(CWM or TWRP whichever you have installed).
- Under recovery mode, perform the followings:
- Select “wipe data/factory reset”, and select “yes” on next screen to perform it.
- Select “wipe cache partition”, and select “yes” on next screen to perform it.
- Now, it’s time to flash the Rom file. From main menu select “install zip from sdcard”, then “choose zip file from sd card”, on next screen select “yes” to start the installation process. It will take same time, so let it complete.
- When it finishes, get back to main menu, then select “reboot system now” from recovery options, and your phone will restart it self.
For the first time, it will take more time than the usual to get boot up to home screen. Then just fill up the Google account settings, and get started using Galaxy S3 with this new Rom. If you needed any assistance about this Rom and phone then just comment us. Additionally, visit latest Gapps package page to install them manually.