Although, the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle seems outdated in terms of hardware specs, and software, still unlocking hidden things can improve performance, and user-experience. The bootloader is one of them. Unlocking bootloader can help you in many ways. In this tutorial we will help you to unlock the bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle in the easiest way. If you know the right tricks, you can use the built-in performance feature. Once you unlock the bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle, you’ll be able to install custom Rom, custom recovery, mods, and do much more with it.
In order to achieve success in this process, you must read below lines that thoroughly explain the process. While you do such things on your phone, you must know that it would break manufacturers’ terms, and conditions.
Having an unlocked bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle has many benefits. Since, HTC has no intention to rollout further updates for HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle, one can switch to custom ROMs instead. That completely makes sense. Custom ROMs offer better features, performance, and stability.
If you’ve been looking to unlock the bootloader on your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle, then tutorial shall help you with that. Basically, bootloader act as a firewall for a phone that keeps it away from being modified. Therefore, in order to move first step forward, you must unlock it.
After, you’ll be able to do much more with it. Simply, the bootloader is a small program that runs along with the operating system. It’s an essential program, without which, the phone cannot function. So, we cannot remove it. Instead, we’ll unlock it in order gain access to the core power of an Android operating system.
Although, for newbies that process might sound complicated, or tough, we try to make it simple as possible. You just need to follow the steps exactly as we mention in this tutorial. Further, we are going to discuss some important prerequisites that should be followed.
So, make sure to read them carefully, and prepare your device accordingly. Lets’ discuss them before we proceed further:
- We dedicate this tutorial to HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle. This information does not mean for any other smart phone. You much know the exact model of phone. Otherwise, misfortune can happen.
- You must be aware that this process voids the warranty of the phone. Once you unlock the bootloader, the manufacturer warranty won’t be for certain. However, you can lock it anytime you want.
- For future aspects, we recommend you to back up your phone properly. We don’t want you to lose your important files, though the process is safe. Learn how to back up Android phones.
- You need a Windows PC/Laptop to complete this process. And a USB cable to connect your phone to PC. In order to gain complete access, you must enable the developer options on your phone, and then USB debugging. That is required so phone to can be connected properly to the PC, and we can proceed with further action.
- Charge your phone to a good extent. It shouldn’t die while we perform actions. If that happens, it can lead to soft or hard brick. Or even worse can happen.
You must certain of all the facts that we mention above. Kindly, read them thoroughly before you proceed further.
Before you proceed with installation, first you need to enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable the same, please follow the below steps:
- Tap on Settings
- Tap on About phone
- Under it, tap 7 times on Build Number. That triggers the Developer Options, and will make it visible under Settings.
- Go back to Settings, then at the bottom, tap on Developer Options.
- Under it, check USB Debugging, and approve your action.
Probably, you’ve enabled the USB Debugging on your phone. Now, it connects to PC/Laptop easily, and we can perform certain actions.
Note:- Download the HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle phone drivers from →here. Extract the file and install them on your windows computer. These drivers will ensure that your device gets recognized by computer.
How to unlock Bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle
So, you’ve come to an important part of this tutorial. Follow the below steps to unlock the bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle to gain complete access over the Android operating system:
- Open your PC/Laptop and visit HTC Developer website from →here. If you don’t have an account, then register for the same.
- From the Drop-down menu, choose your phone model, and click on Begin Unlock Bootloader option.
- Provide further approval for the process.
- Now, turn off your phone completely using the Power button. And then, connect it to your PC/Laptop. Make sure that you’ve already installed the proper USB drivers.
- Download the Fastboot tool.zip file from →here, and extract it to your computer/PC. After you have it extracted, under the Fastboot folder, look for look for “Run Me.bat” file and run it. You’ll see the following screen:
- While your phone is connected, press Power and Volume Down buttons at once until it gets into fastboot mode. You’ll see some text says Fastboot mode, that means you’ve entered into fastboot successfully.
- Now, on the Opened CMD command prompt, type following command: fastboot oem get_identifier_token and press Enter.
- That should bring a string code on the command prompt. Just write down code as we need it to unlock the device using official website.
- Now, again head onto the HTC Developer website, and copy this code under My Device Identifier Token. Once you do that, the HTC team will send you an email containing the .bin file that we will use to unlock the bootloader.
- Now, head on to your email account. Download the received. bin file. The name would be Unlock_code.bin or something similar. Place this file under the Fastboot tool.zip folder, from where you’ve accessed the Fastboot tool.
- Once you place the file, go back to the CMD prompt and type ‘fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin’ and press Enter.
- Now, let it complete. That should unlock the bootloader of your HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle automatically.
- Now, you can take off your phone.
That’s it. You’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader on HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle, and now you can consider further actions.
So to conclude, you are now free to make core changes on your phone. You can consider further to root it, install custom Rom, or perform some performance tweaks using root applications. That ends our tutorial here, and we hope that it would help HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle users.
Feel free to share your thoughts, and views in our comment section.