Samsung Galaxy Core is a decent phone available at very affordable price and also it was sold very well. In case you are facing problem in it or it’s not working properly, or simply if it has been bricked, don’t worry, its time to flash the stock firmware to make it work like just before. In this tutorial, we present how you can repair or unbrick Samsung Galaxy Core using the stock firmware. Installing stock firmware will turn your phone to its factory manufacture condition, and restore it to completely default state. This firmware is an original image distributed by Samsung.
Follow the below guide to flash the stock firm on your Samsung Galaxy Core GT-i8262. This firmware will remove everything stored under the phone’s memory, replace any custom recovery installed, changes all setting to default of any Custom Rom. In fact, it would restore your device to its manufacture state.
Installing this Rom will remove anything which is stored under the phone’s memory so we recommend, before proceeding any further, back up your important stuff from your device to some external source such as SD card or Pc.
Also, we would like to mention, if you’ve install custom Rom and recovery, please know everything will be removed. Recovery will be replaced with stock recovery. Make sure that you’ve installed proper drivers of your device, you can download the Samsung USB Drivers from here.
Enable the USB debugging on your device, go to settings -> Developer options -> Check the USB Debugging box to enable it. Charge your handset to good battery level, so it can survive all the time while you are performing firmware installation.
- Download the official stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy Core GT – i8262 here. Extract the zip file to get .md5 file.
- Download Odin3-v3.07 program here (Odin3-v3.07.zip) and extract it to your PC. Look for the “Odin3 v3.07.exe” and remember that.
Download both files to your PC or Laptop, anywhere you want.
How to flash stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy Core GT-i8262
- Turn off your device and wait for 3-5 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a Warning! message appears on-screen.
- Then press Volume Up to proceed to download mode. Now’ll be at download mode of Samsung Galaxy Core.
- Now run the Odin program on your PC, double-click on “Odin3 v3.07.exe”.
- Connect your device to PC using a USB cable and look on Odin program, the ID:Com section will turn to light blue or green. That means your devices has been detected successfully.
- Now under Odin program, Select “PDA” and then find and locate .md5 file from the extracted zip file.
- Make sure that “Re-Partition” box is unchecked and further there is no need to make any other changes to settings.
- Now, click on “Start” button and wait until Odin done with installation process.
- On success, Pass message will appear on Odin and you’re phone will be restarting. Un-plug your device!
Cheers!! Your Galaxy Core has been successfully restored to stock operating system. If you have any problem, let us know so we can help you further.