How to Improve LG G2 Camera Performance, upto 120fps and 4k Ultra HD Video Recording
LG G2, the device actually comes with pretty attractive, and extensive specification, in terms of performance, and other aspects this handset is fully capable to give you an awesome smart phone experience. For camera purpose it comes with 13 megapixel sensor with many extensive features, good enough for high-end photography purpose.
Perhaps, always more, and better specification is demanded over the time. The LG G2 has already been blessed with good configurations related to camera purpose, and can be extended to very greater extent. Thanks to xdabbeb, member of XDA-Developers forum, who made a mod which can do a this magic to LG G2. This mod alone can significantly improve the overall performance, capabilities and quality of LG G2 Camera scalable extent. The name of mod is MagicFocus, distributed over XDA Forum.
Its a flash-able mod developed for stock, and stock based Roms, if you’re on stock or stock based custom Rom then you can have fun with it. The original camera app is able to take 1080p videos at 60 fps, but this mod app is able to capture 4K Ultra Video at 30 fps or simply you can record 720p Ultra HD video at 120 fps. Additionally, it enable HDR in videos, and ISO 1600 for stills photography.
Apart image electronic stabilization, and improvements have been enabled on this mod too. Secondly, itself it comes with flash-able zip, and in .apk file as well.
Lets discuss on how you can install this Camera Mod on LG G2, before it read all the per-requisites very carefully, and prepare you devise accordingly.
- This mod, and guide is only made for LG G2, and it meant nothing for any other device. It shouldn’t be installed on any other device. It could lead to some serious damage.
- This is a third-party app, and not connected to LG in any way. In case if something goes wrong then you cannot blame us for that.
- Optional – Backup all the stuff stored under the phone’s memory for future safety. Follow our guide: Android Backup Solution.
- Optional – Backup the Current Rom for future safety.
- Enable USB Debugging, and check the “unknown sources” in Settings>Security.
- Charge your device to good extent.
How to install Camera Mod on LG G2
This mod can be installed in two ways, through custom recovery, and normal .apk installation as well. Follow the below instructions based on your situation.
Through Custom Recovery
- Get the flash able zip file from here. Put the file to phone’s memory.
- Turn off the device, and wait for at-least 5 seconds.
- Boot to custom Recovery mode, you can do it through Quickboot tool o simply through hardware keys.
- Under recovery mode, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” the choose the downloaded mod file, then select “yes” to perform the installation. ‘
- Once you done with installing this mode, select the “reboot system now”.
Through .apk file
- Get the Mod apk file from here.
- Install this file just like your install other apps.
This app will override the existing one, and next time whenever you launch the camera app on your LG G2 this app would appear .
Explorer you camera capabilities deeply with this app. Apart from this mod, we have published few more posts related to LG G2, if you’re looking to switch back to stock Rom, then you must visit our restore LG G2 guide.
And if you’re looking to back up EFS, and other information, you must visit our Backup LG G2 EFS guide.