OnePlus One has very been popular since launched and still doing very well. Under affordable budget, this handset loads premium features, hardware and top-class performance. Being blessed with quite powerful hardware, this handset also comes along with CyanogenMod Rom, know for their high performance and extra-ordinary features.
If you are looking to change the handset’s looks and feels, you can simply opt for a custom Rom and to get started with good one, MIUI V6 ROM would be good to go with. In this post, we’ll help you to install this MIUI V6 ROM Rom on OnePlus One using recovery mode. The installation procedures is so simple and it takes only few minutes to get your device updated with this beautiful Rom.
About MIUI V6 ROM
One should know about this Rom before we proceed further. The user interface is quite simple and very beautiful. It maintains high standards in user experience.
Tons of features to customize user interface, customize notification panel, phone app, home screen, theme, widgets and much more. There lots more to discuss about this Rom, go ahead and watch out the below videos about this Rom.
[iframe width=”620″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/HTCypR5DDKU?list=UUo9PK2wb3D-Brj4H9dQvYJA” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
Also see: Best Roms for OnePlus One
Before we start with installation of MIUI V6 ROM on OnePlus One, read all the below mentioned points and prepare your device accordingly.
- This guide and Rom is only dedicated to OnePlus One smart phone only and it should be installed on any other device.
- We always recommend to back up your important stuff being stored under device’s memory as installation files will be overridden . Follow our Android back up guide to make everything easy and as quick as possible.
- Also, would be great to back up the device’s Rom. It will be helpful in case of brick or if you decide to go back to old Rom. Steps are mentioned in above mentioned back up guide link.
- Make sure that USB Debugging is enable on your device. To enable it, visit settings -> developer options -> check the USB Debugging mode.
- Also, make sure that you’ve already installed custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, without them it wouldn’t be possible to get it installed.
- Charge your device to get extent and we are ready to install this Rom.
- Download the MIUI V6 Rom zip file from here | Version: Version: 5.5.29 （MIUI6）
- Download the Gapps package from here.
Download both files and put them into the device. Remember their name and location inside the device.
How to install MIUI V6 ROM on OnePlus One
The very first is to boot into recovery mode, follow below instruciotn.
Enter into recovery mode in OnePlus One
- Very first step is get into recovery mode. To get recovery mode option, go to Setting-> Developers options -> Check the “Advance reboot” option.
- Once you enable Advance Reboot option, now press the power button and select Reboot.
- Now, select Recovery option from the list.
Rom Installation process
- Once you boot into recovery mode, perform wipe data cache and wipe data/factory reset for clean installation.
- Now tap on Install (TWRP) /select install zip from SD (CWM) and select the downloaded the Rom zip file and confirm the installation process.
- Similarly, install Gapps package.
- Once you done with both files, reboot your device and you’re done!
You’ve successfully installed this beautiful Rom on your device. Enjoy the goodness of this Rom and don’t forget to share your experiences with us. So that’s all about our guide on how to install MIUI V6 ROM on OnePlus One using recovery mode.