Update Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to Android Lollipop using CyanogenMod 12.1
Still there is no clue from Samsung whether they will roll out any further updates for their galaxy grand 2 or not. Thanks to developers who regularly come up with new Roms and mods, which helps us to update our device to latest firmware without having to wait for official update. In the post, we have CyanogenMod 12.1 Android Lollipop Rom, distributed by mukulsoni who is a developer at XDA forum.
This Rom has been powered with tons of features and enhancement from cyanogenmod team such as their apps, customization features, debloated already and much more. This Rom is good opportunity to update Update Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to Android Lollipop along with improved performance and battery life a well. Everything is working this Rom expect Second SIM incoming voice only. So let’s get started with further procedure with pre-requisites,
→ You must note that this Rom is specifically built for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 and it does not meant to be installed on any other handset. It could damage it high extent. → Remember to save all the important data which is being stored under your device as process will remove anything which is being stored under the handset, you can follow our simple Android device backup guide, and Back Apps and Games with their data without root.
→ Also make sure to back up your current Rom for future safety. It would be great relief in case your device get bricked or you want to go back. → Make sure to enable USB debugging on your device. To enable it, go to settings -> developers settings -> check the USB debugging options.
→ Make sure that you’ve custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP recovery installed on your device. Without it would not possible to install this Rom on device. Charge your phone to good extent. Also see: iOS 7 Rom on Galaxy Grand Duos i9082
→ Download the CyanogenMod 12.1 Android Lollipop Rom for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 from here.
→ Download the Gapps package from here.
Download both the files and put them to your device.
How to Install CyanogenMod 12.1 Lollipop Rom on Galaxy Grand 2
- Turn off the device and wait for at-least 3 -5 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together to boot into the recovery mode.
- For completely clean and bug less installation, perform the
- Select and perform “Wipe data/Factory reset”.
- Select and perform “Wipe cache partition”.
- Go to “Mounts and Storage” and mount the followings: mount system, mount cache and mount data.
- Go to “Mounts and Storage” and select “format system” and perform it.
- Go to advance and then select and perform “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now it’s time to install this Rom, Select “install from sd card” and then “choose zip from sd card” and select the downloaded Rom zip file and install it.
- Similarly, install the Gpps package as well.
- Once you done with both files, go back to recovery option and select “reboot system now”.
Now your phone will boot up and take you to new home screen. Enter your Google account details to get started with your phone. So, it ends our guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 to Android Lollipop using CyanogenMod 12.1 Rom.
https://androidcure.com/update-samsung-galaxy-grand-2-to-android-lollipop-using-cyanogenmod-12-1-rom/https://androidcure.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rsz_custom_rom_for_galaxy_grand_duos_i90821.jpghttps://androidcure.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rsz_custom_rom_for_galaxy_grand_duos_i90821-150x150.jpgHow-to-GuidesStill there is no clue from Samsung whether they will roll out any further updates for their galaxy grand 2 or not. Thanks to developers who regularly come up with new Roms and mods, which helps us to update our device to latest firmware without having to wait for...Deepak GuptaDeepak Guptadgdeepak000@gmail.comAdministratorDeepak Gupta is a tech geek and founder of AndroidCure, a popular blog dedicated to Android users. Join him on →Google Plus. Sign-up for the →email newsletter and get daily updates from this blog.Androidcure