Install Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware on Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
The device was announced in January, 2014 by Samsung. It comes with high-end specifications, and with latest Android operating system. Initially launched with Android 4.4.2 KitKat, recent opted for further 4.4.2 update. Most probably, you’re already got a official notification to update the device. But, some people are yet to be notified by Samsung. If you haven’t got any notification, or simply don’t want to further for update, the follow our guide to update the device manually with official XXU1ANAI update for Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.
This update brings many new features, upgrades and improvements to the device. You can install it to restore the device to its original state in case you’ve bricked it or to get back to stock Rom. Lets start the process with pre-requisites. Now, lets discuss them. This is an official firmware, so installing it will lead to lose the root access. It is a stock firmware, and will restore your phone to its original state.
Before going any further, first check the device model number under phone’s Settings->About phone, it should be Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 with model number T320. It is built from this model only, and meant nothing for any other model.
To flash this update, you need a windows based PC with internet connectivity. We will use a flashing tool which only works on windows (Xp, 7 or 8) based PC. A USB cable to connect the device to PC.
Backup all the data, and information which being stored under the phone’s memory. The installation process will go through a complete wipe of internal memory. If you are non-root user, then follow our : backup guide for non-root users.
For the future safety, we recommend to backup the current Rom of your device. To make backup, go through our Rom backup guide.
Remember to switch on the USB Debugging on your device. To enable it, go to Phones Settings->Developers Options-> check the USB Debugging box.
Important:- Make sure you have installed proper USB drivers of the device on PC. If you haven’t installed yet, then visit here to download them, and then install them on your PC.
→Get the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANAI firmware zip from here. (You must be a member(free) there to download the file). Extract the zip file, under it you’ll get three files, remember them.
→Get the Odin utility program from here. Extract the zip file, under it, you’ll “Odin3 v3.07.exe“, remember that file, will be using it very soon.
How to install 4.4.2 KitKat firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
- Run the Odin3 v3.07.exe from the extracted Odin program on the PC. A Odin program window will appear.
- Now turn off the device and wait at least 5 seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together until a Warning! message gets appeared over the screen. Press the Volume Up key to boot to Download mode.
- Once it get to Download mode, plug it to PC through a USB cable.
- Look over Odin program, ID:COM section should be either yellow or blue, if nothing happens then, first install the USB drivers on PC, the connect it again.
- On Odin program, select PDA, then select the PDA file from the extracted firmware zip file. It’s optional to select, Phone and CSC file. If you found those in zip file, then you can locate them on Phone and CSC options.
- Once you done with selecting files, make sure the re-partition is un-checked.
- Now click on “Start” button to start the installation process. It would take some time to complete. Don’t press any key until, it gets completed.
- Once it done, “Pass” message will appear on Odin program. Now you can remove your device from computer.
Once you disconnect your device, it will be restarting, and will boot up to home screen very soon. However, for first time, it can take some longer time to boot up. But it didn’t go further, or stuck at boot logo, then follow below troubleshooting guide:
Boot to recovery mode, by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button until screen gets on, once it appears, you’ll be redirected to recovery mode very soon.
Under recovery mode, select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”, perform them both by pressing “Yes” on further screen.
For more help, and assistance, we happily invite you to comment below.