OmniROM Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rom for Huawei Nexus 6P
Another awesome Rom has been released for Nexus 6P, all credits goes to Mehmehmen who brought this unofficial build of OmniROM over XDA forum and now we could install this beautiful Rom on Huawei Nexus 6P. Wondering about this Rom? Well, I’ll surely help you with your concern. Basically it is based on Google’s official Android build with many tweaks, optimization and add-ons to amplify the usability, performance and battery life. In short, the OmniROM is another option if you are looking for a good custom Rom for your Nexus 6P.
Recently, we have published a →list of best custom Roms which can be installed on Nexus 6P, which has been very appreciated over →Google Plus and we have this another runner-up in this list. If you are looking for battery efficient and lite Rom for your Nexus 6P, the OmniRom could be best choice for you. Since it is based on stock firmware, along with stock features and applications, you’ll be getting many goodies to use your handset more conveniently.
However to install this Rom on your Nexus 6P, following things are required:
- Unlocked Bootloader – Yes! You heard it right. You have to unlock your device’s bootloader in order to install this Rom and it is necessary to install custom recovery and root access. That means, whether you’d like to root, install recovery or Rom, first you’ll have to manage to unlock the bootloader.
To unlock bootloader, follow the guide here : http://goo.gl/jqjZoC
- TWRP Recovery – Another most important thing you needed is a custom recovery, TWRP Recovery. It allows to flash new Roms and mods bug less. Once you unlocked your device, you would be able to install custom recovery on it.
To install TWRP Recovery, follow the guide here: http://goo.gl/jqjZoC
Also we highly recommend you to back up all the important stuff such as download files included documents, pictures, etc. It is likely to be little time-consuming process, so to make it effort-less, you should be using our backup guides:
OmniROM Marshmallow 6.0 ROM Review done on OnePlus One
Download and copy both the files to your device’s memory.
How to install OmniROM Rom on Huawei Nexus 6P
- Turn off your device and wait for 3-5 seconds so it can be off completely.
- Boot into recovery mode – Learn how to boot into recovery mode.
- For clean installation, perform following:
- Select ‘wipe’ option and perform it.
- Now it is the time to install Rom, select ‘install’ option and locate the downloaded Rom .zip file and flash it.
- In similar manner, flash the another file, Google Apps package.
- Once you done with both the files, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device.
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed this custom Rom on your device. So that’s all about OminRom and how to install it on newly arrived Huawei Nexus 6P.