How to Unlock Sony Xperia Z2 Bootloader
Are you looking unlock Bootloader of your Sony Xperia Z2 handset?, If answers is yes. then follow this guide to achieve that. Recently we have published few posts related to Xperia Z2, how to boot into recovery mode and Fastboot mode on this device. Now presenting a guide to on how to unlock the bootloader of Xperia Z2 using Fashtool utility. There are many reasons, and benefits of unlocked device. The official guide is also available on Sony’s official site but it is somewhat harder to understand and follow.
Follow this guide to unlock the bootloader for Xperia Z2 in easy way. There are several benefits of having unlocked boot loader, like it is necessary to install custom Rom, recoveries or any other third-party mod. You must follow the each step listed without skipping or mixing them. Read all the pre-requisites listed below and prepare the device accordingly.
- This guide is written only for Sony Xperia Z2 and meant nothing for any other device. If applied to others, it could lead to some serious damage to that device.
- You need a windows based Desktop or Laptop with properly installed drivers of Xperia Z2. If you haven’t installed yet then visit here to download them, and then install them on your PC.
- Important – All the data store under phone’s memory will be wiped out after performing the unlock procedure. So firstly backup all important data which is being store under the internal memory of phone. Follow our Android Backup Guide to do it easily.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device. Go to phone’s Settings->Developers options-> check the USB Debugging box and confirm it.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% battery level. Your phone must be able to live long until you done with the whole process.
→Get the official Flashtool utility software from here. After downloading, install it on your PC.