How to install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4, since launched the phone has been very popular. With solid hardware specification and top brand, the handset has sold very well as well. Samsung has officially announced Lollipop update for Galaxy S4 in few countries, firstly appeared in Russia, however still it would take some more time to reach to all users.
However, if you wanting to have the Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy S4, you can simply install a custom Rom to have it. Apart from Lollipop new features, apps and looks, third-party powerful apps and features will be provided along it as well. You can customize your device according to your needs and desire.
To update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android Lollipop operating system, we’ll be using AURORA Lollipop Port Beta 5 Custom Rom, it is based on Samsung’s stock Android Lollipop firmware, the Rom is very stable and performance wise it is good as well. Additionally, it comes with OTA support as well, on regular basis you’ll be served with updates with improvements and bugs fixes.
AURORA Lollipop Rom Features
The Rom is quite stable and fast, comes with Note 4 apps and features such as Note 4 Contacts, Camera, Album, Calendar, Music Player, Clock, settings, browsers, weather plugin, SNote, completely working tool box and much more. All credits goes to alemtro, who brought this Rom at Xda Forum.
Based on stock firmware, this Rom has been tweaked so well stable performance and improved battery life. If you want to know more about this Rom, visit the xda thread over here.
AURORA Lollipop Rom for Galaxy S4 Review
Many thanks to @geovanny fernandez, who brought this review video!, however, video is in non-english voice but you’ll get to know goods about this Rom.
- Know that this Rom is specifically made only for Samsung Galaxy S 4 i9500 model and meant nothing for any order device or mode. Before proceeding any further, go ahead and check your device model.
- Make sure that you’ve rooted your device with custom recovery such as TWRP /CWM, without the custom recovery, it won’t possible to install this Rom successfully.
- Installing this Rom will wipe out the entire device, anything stored under the device memory will be deleted. We recommend you to back up all the important files stored under you device. Follow our easy → Android back up guide.
- Make sure to enable the USB debugging on your device, to enable it, visit settings → Developers options → check the USB debugging box and confirm your selection.
- Make sure to charge your handset to good extend, it should be able running on till we finish with our procedure.
Download the AURORA Lollipop Port Beta Rom file from here. (AURORA.I9500.Lollipop.Port.No.5.Beta5.Lite.No.Official.zip).
→ Download the file and put it under the device memory, remember the location and name of the file, we’ll be using it.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 5.0 Lollipop using Custom Rom
- First, turn off your device and wait 3 -5 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at same time until Samsung’s Logo appears on phone screen. Release the buttons and you’ll be directed to recovery mode.
- Now under recovery mode, select “wipe data/ factory reset” and select “yes” on next screen to confirm you selection.
- Now its time to flash the Custom ROM, from recovery options, select “install zip from sdcard”, then “choose zip from sdcard” and then browse and select the downloaded “AURORA.I9500.Lollipop.Port.No.5.Beta5.Lite.No.Official.zip” file. Select “yes” on next screen to approve your selection.
- Go back to main menu, select “reboot system now” and all done.
Everything is done! you have successfully updated your galaxy S4 to Android Lollipop using this custom Rom. For the very first time, it may take little longer time to start.