It’s been a several months since Android 5.0 arrived but still Samsung is yet announce this update for their Samsung Galaxy S5 users. If you are curious to experience the new features of Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S5, you can have it using custom Rom based on CyanogenMod 12 named, The NX-Prime ROM.
All thanks goes to Shawn5162, who brought this Rom over the Xda forum. This Rom is based on CyanogenMod 12, that means along with newer interface of Lollipop operating system and apps, you’ll be served with cool and powerful features of CM Rom.
There are tons of features, such as it is rooted, enhanced audio, Google Now launcher has been added, all the google apps are there, you can customize all the hardware buttons, CM privacy manager, many advance customization options, custom wallpapers and much more. On the very top, the Rom is developed so well that it offers completely smoother interface and user experience. If you are looking to update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 5.0 Lollipop, then you must give a try to this Rom.
To install this CyanogenMod 12 Rom on your Galaxy S5, follow the below and before it, please read all the pre-requisites very carefully and prepare device accordingly.
Important: To install this Rom, you should be having custom recovery on your device, CWM or TWRP, whichever you like.
- This Rom is specifically made for only Samsung Galaxy S5 meant nothing for any other device.
- Remember installing Rom will void the warranty of device, however, you can get warranty back through installing stock Rom to your device.
- We always recommend to back up all the stuff such as Messages, contacts, downloads and anything which is being stored under the phone’s memory because the installation process would erase all the stuff stored under it. Visit our → Android Backup Guide
- Make sure to back your current Rom, it would be useful in case you get bricked your device or you would prefer to move back to old OS. You can do it under the recovery mode.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging on your device. To enable it, go to phone’s Settings->Applications->Developments>check the USB Debugging box and confirm it. Also see→ How to enable Developers mode on Galaxy S5
- Charge your phone to good extent so it can easily survive all the time while performing the installation process.
→ Download the The NX-Prime ROM file from here (NX-PrimeROMv1.0_klte_dev.zip) and put it to your phone’s SD card and remember the location of file.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Turn off the device and wait at least 5 seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together to start the phone in recovery mode.
- Under recovery mode, select “wipe data/factor reset” followed by “yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- Select “wipe cache partition” or “wipe cache data” followed by “yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- Under Advance option, select “wipe dalvick cache” then select “yes” to confirm it to further process.
- Select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card“, find and locate the downloaded Custom Rom zip file (NX-PrimeROMv1.0_klte_dev.zip) and select “yes” to install this Rom.
- Once completed, go back to recovery option, from there choose Reboot and your phone will reboot.
Your phone will reboot and would bring you to new Android Lollipop home screen in few minutes. For the very first time, it may take little longer time to boot, don’t get panic, it is normal.
All done, you’ve successfully installed the Android 5.0 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S5. Enjoy the goodness of this operating system. If you face any problem, you’re welcome to comment and we’ll help you out.
Also, don’t miss our → List of best of games for Samsung Galaxy S5