Have you just bricked your Google Nexus 5? If Yes, then most probably it happened while you were trying to install new Rom or any other third-party mod. This tutorial will guide you to restore Google Nexus 5 to its original, stock, and working state in low time. Getting back to stock Rom is useful in many cases like, if mobile get stuck at logo, or not starting up, or its become unstable. We would use factory image, developed, and distributed by Google officially to restore Google Nexus 5.
To unbrick, you phone must be unlocked, it you haven’t done yet, then unlocking guide is also included in this post. Google Nexus 5 was one to get blessed by Android KitKat Operating system before others. The current stock Rom is based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating systems, so un-bricking it would be good in all aspects. Lets start the procedure with list of per-requisites first, read them all, and prepare the device accordingly.
- This guide, and firmware is only built for Google Nexus 5, and meant nothing for any other device in any manner.
- Important: To perform this procedure, your device’s boot-loader. Without it, one cannot perform it. It you’ve haven’t done yet then you must follow unlock boot-loader guide given in this post.
- All the data stored under phone’s internal memory would be removed after installing this stock Rom. This can not be undo.
- You need a Windows-based PC with internet connectivity to download the needed file.
- If possible charge your device to good extent, we recommend to charge at-least 50% level.
- Get →Android SDK Kit Slim version from here. Download the package, and extract it on your PC. It will help to unlock the boot-loader.
- Get →Android 4.4.2 stock firmware from here (hammerhead-kot49h-factory-02006b99.tgz) Extract the zip package, and look for “flash-all.bat” file under it.
How to unlock boot-loader of Google Nexus 5
[iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/2cOUseflKNE?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
How to restore Google Nexus 5 with stock firmware
- Turn off the device, and wait at-least 5 seconds.
- Press, and hold Volume up + Volume Down + Power buttons together until the phone gets started. Once it get turned on, release the buttons, you’ll be in Fastboot mode.
- Now connect the device to PC through USB cable, and make sure you’ve installed proper drivers of your phone.
- After, from under the extracted “hammerhead-kot49h-factory-02006b99.tgz” firmware file, run the →flash-all.bat.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions, and wait until the installation process gets completed.
- After you’ve done with installing the Rom firmware, remove the phone from PC, and boot to Fastboot mode again (step 2).
- From multiple options, select Recovery mode.
- Under recovery mode perform “wipe data/ factory reset”, and then select “reboot system now”.
So you have recovered your bricked/damaged device. This ends our unbrick guide for Google Nexus 5 using stock firmware. If you like to play causal games, the you would love our list of amazing causal Android games.