How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on LG Optimus G E975
Launched in year 2012 the LG Optimus G E975 has been quite popular since it was blessed with blend of powerful hardware specification. Initially, it ran with Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) and then upgrade to v4.4.2 (KitKat) operating system. Since then no further updates has been announced or distributed to users.
However, one can easily update it to Lollipop through custom Roms, thanks to Android developers who’ve been doing great job and regularly brings awesomeness to Android users.
If you have LG Optimus G E975 and looking to update it to latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow then you can install it through using AOSP Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rom. Almost all features as working fine and in terms of performance, it improves over all performance of Optimus G in almost aspects and most importantly it boots battery life too.
Installing AOSP Rom is a good choice to update Optimus G E975 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system. Here in this guide, we have mentioned all steps for update procedure, you’ll have to make sure that you follow them in correct manner and don’t skip any of them.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Lg G Optimus Review
Before we get started with the procedure, make sure to read below prerequisites carefully.
- This Rom is specifically built for LG Optimus G E975 and meant nothing for any other device so make sure that you are not applying it on any other device.
- Remember that installation process with wipe out the entire memory of the device and that cannot be undone. So make sure to save all the important stuff before going any further. Follow our – Android backup guide!
- We always recommend to back device’s Rom, it would become very handy in case of bricked condition or in condition where you want to roll back your device to old Rom.
- Custom recovery TWRP required – to install this Rom you should have TWRP recovery installed on your Optimus G. It won’t be possible to install this Rom without it. Visit here to install it on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device – Visit our tutorial here to enable it on your device.
- Charge your phone at-least 50 % to make sure that it don’t get turned off.
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Rom for LG Optimus G E975 from →here. Download the latest release from the list.
- Download the Google Apps package from →here.
After downloading both the files, put both the files to your device and remember their names and locations.
How to update LG Optimus G E975 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold Volume down and powers keys at the same time until you boot into recovery mode.
- First to be on safe side, you must do backup of your device’s Rom. Under TWRP Recover option, select Backup and select system, Data, Boot, Recovery, EFS and swipe to back up.
- Now you possibly can apply the Factory Reset for clean installation, press Wipe and confirm selection.
- Now press Install button and select the downloaded Rom file from your device and swipe to confirm the installation.
- Similarly, flash Google Apps package.
- Reboot your device.
Now you’ve successfully updated to your device to latest firmware. Your device will now boot up to new screen, it might possible that for very fist time it would take same time, don’t get yourself worried, it is completely normal.
Enter your Google Account and customize settings to get started with your device. That’s all about our guide on how to update LG Optimus G E975 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow using AOSP Rom. Stay connected with us for new useful stuff.