Learn how to enter Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge in recovery mode. This year Samsung released their two new smartphones, Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge that continue their Galaxy series and they could be considered as their flagship models. Based on their specifications, they are beasts available in current’s market. Even though their predecessors Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were not much popular, it is being expected that these two will help Samsung to take a giant leap again.
Both the handsets are released with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system and powered with latest hardware such Adreno 530 or Mali-T880 MP12 graphics chip, Super AMOLED display screen, Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo and Quad-core 2.3 GHz Mongoose + quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 etc,.
Even though this handset is so powerful that there is no need to do anything to improve its performance, however still there are many advance features such Recovery mode, that helps to use this handset more efficiently. Recovery mode plays very important role in Android device. Most commonly, it is used to flash custom roms and mods and there are many other options as well.
With the recovery mode, you’ll be able to flash roms, taking back up, install third-party mods, cleaning or wiping the device’s memory usually know as factory reset / hard reset and much more. Even it you are an ordinary users, there will be a time when you’ll need to enter into recovery mode on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, which ever device you have and this tutorial will help you in that case. Also if you are up to install a custom Rom, the most easiest and recommended method is to use recovery mode and then flash that Rom. It makes flashing process very easy and it requires less time as well.
Here we have this tutorial that it completely dedicated to Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge users to get into recovery mode easily. These handsets come with native recovery, usually know as stock recovery having very useful features as following:
- reboot system now – it helps to restart device from recovery mode.
- apply update from adb – using this option, it becomes very easy to flash firmware through adb common prompt.
- apply update from external storage – it is the most easiest way to install rom, firmware and third-party mods on device. You’ll need to put these files to your device’s or external memory and flash them.
- apply update from cache – it helps to flash official updates download through OTA.
- wipe data/factory reset – helps to hard reset device. It will remove all the installed apps and their settings as well. Also it is good to perform in case of low performance and force close case.
- wipe cache partition – Basically simply means to hard-reset the device.
- reboot to bootloader – it helps to you boot into bootloader mode. There is no need to use key combination or any kind of adb command. It saves a lot of time.
- power down – Simply turn off the device.
- view recovery logs – View all the actions which were taken inside the recovery mode.
Also to increase usability and functionally, we could install custom recovery as well. CMW and TWRP, these custom recoveries are most advanced and best available for Android devices.
Let’s start the procedure!
Enter recovery mode on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
There are multiple ways through we can boot into recovery mode. We’ll start with most common and reliable option first.
1# Key Combination
Most simple and works most of the time!
- Power off the device.
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons all together for 5 – 7 seconds.
- Keep on pressing these buttons until you get redirected to your new screen, Recovery mode!
- Release the buttons and you’ll be at recovery mode. You’ll see the below screen:
That’s it! You are in recovery mode.
2# Through Android app
If rooted, it is best way!
You can use an app called Quick Boot to go into recovery mode anytime with one button. Once you launch this application on your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and press recovery button, it will power off the device and start it into recovery mode.
To download and install this app, head to Google Play store and search for this app, Quick Boot.
3# Using ADB commands
It comes very handy when you are unable to boot into recovery mode through hardware buttons on un-rooted device. Sometime it happens when hardware keys stopped working or their combination doesn’t work.
However this method requires little efforts to perform but surly it is not rocket science either. Let’s get started with the process:
- Download the Samsung’s USB drivers from →here and install them on your PC.
- Download the FlashTool Package from →here and extract it your PC.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging your device → visit here for tutorial.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Now from Fastboot zip folder, run “Run Me.bat” file
- On the cmd window type following:
adb reboot recovery
That’s it! You’ll be redirected to recovery mode soon! In this method, you’ll have to make sure that you’ve installed mentioned drivers on your computer properly, otherwise it won’t work!
So these were the methods that we can use to boot Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge into recovery mode and surely it becomes necessary to know about it some point of time. Don’t forget to share and comment your thoughts about this tutorial and methods, we’d love to hear from you!
how do you force SAMSUNG S7 edge to used the SD card. mine keeps removing the files fro m the cell. unable to use. … I have to manually switch to my external SD so i have more room in the phone but some times it wont take, sometimes says SD error format…