How to Unbrick HTC One Max with Stock Firmware
Have you bricked your HTC One Max and looking to repair it? There are many condition in which one can get our device bricked, most probably it happens when we try to install custom Roms and third-party mods. Most easy and best way to get our device repaired is to flash stock firmware on it. It works for all, whether your device is being stuck on boot screen, not starting, became unstable and many other cases. Follow our this guide to restore your HTC One Max to its stock working state by flashing the official stock firmware.
If you’re looking to repair your bricked HTC One Max smart phone then you have visited to right place. Also you could use it to switch back to the official Rom or simply to replace the custom Rom with stock firmware. As this is the official firmware, it won’t be voiding your device warranty, and there is no risk to install it and no need to worry about bugs or any kind of issue with it. The stock firmware used here is based on Android KitKat operating system.
Flashing a stock firmware on One Max will replace previous Rom, whether it is custom or stock, that will be replaced with it. All data stored under the phones memory will be wiped out completely. The complete procedure is very easy to understand and follow. We will use recovery mode to flash the stock firmware on One Max. Lets start the procedure, firstly read all the pre-requisites listed below very carefully and prepare the device accordingly.
- This guide and listed stock firmware are only built for HTC One Max handset, and meant nothing for any other model or handset.
- As this is official Rom, it will replace and remove the installed custom Rom, and any kind of third-party mod.
- Remember, will delete everything stored under the phone’s memory. The process go through complete wipe out of internal memory. So, if possible save all the important data to safe place.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% battery level. It is highly recommended that you make sure your phone is charged enough to stay on during the whole process.
Get the →KitKat based official stock firmware for HTC One Max from here. Download the file, and put it to phone’s SD Card, and don’t unzip it. Remember the name, and the location of the file.
How to Flash Stock Firmware on HTC One Max
- Turn off the device and wait at least 5 seconds.
- Press and hold Volume Down button, then press the Power button to switch on your phone and release it, but keep holding the Volume Down button. This will take your to Bootloader mode.
- Under bootloader screen, select the Recovery option from the menu. Now you’ll be in recovery mode.
- Under recovery options, Select “install zip from SD card“and then “choose zip from Sd card“, then find and locate the downloaded firmware zip file. Select “yes” on next screen to confirm the installation process.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” and select “yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- Select “wipe cache data” and select “yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- Once you done with above steps, select “reboot system now”.
So you have successfully repaired your device. That’s all about our guide on how to unbrick HTC One Max by flashing stock Rom on it. If you have any problem or concern regarding this guide or device then let us know.
After unbrick your device, you can again enjoy using your device. Start fun with having casual games on it. Visit our list of best causal games for Android phones.