How to Install Android Lollipop on Micromax Unite 2 A106
Learn how you can install Android 5.0 Lollipop on Micromax Unite 2 A106 using this lollipop firmware, as per distributor information, it is official update from manufacture, however it is not confirmed yet. Anyway, with few steps you can install it on your handset. Thanks to SMARTY BOY, who brought this firmware on XDA forum, you can view the real thread over here.
If you are looking to update your Micromax Unite 2 A106 to latest Android Lollipop firmware, then you’ve come to right place, we’ll tell how you can install this firmware on your device in very easy manner. To install this firmware, it is recommended to follow all the steps listed below exactly as they are mentioned.
You can install Android Lollipop on your Unite 2 A106 using this Rom. Before proceeding further to download and installation procedure, go through all pre-requisites mentioned below:
- This Rom is specifically built for Micromax Unite 2 A106 and it meant nothing for any other model. It should not be installed on any other device or Mircromax’s handset. It can lead to serious damage.
- Save all the important files stored under the phone’s memory to some safe place as installation would erase the entire phone’s memory. Here is our tutorial to back up your Android phone.
- You need a Windows-based PC / Laptop.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging on your device, go to Settings → Developers Options → check the USB Debugging box and enable it.
- Download the Android Lollipop firmware from → here (MMX_A106_SW_V10_HW_V1.1_04032015.zip). Extract the zip folder to get needed files from the package.
- ADB Drivers for your phone from here (If your phone is not getting detected). Extract and install them on your PC, it is very important as your device needs to be detected.
- MTK Droid Tools from here. This tool will help you to back up IMEI NVRam of your device. Extract the files to your PC.
Back up IMEI NVRam of Micromax Unite 2 A106
For future aspects, it would be great to back up your device, so in case you face any problem, you can restore them back. Watch the below video, use MTK Droid Tools to do it and make sure that you’ve already installed the mentioned drivers.