In this tutorial, we’ll help you to install latest touch version of ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) on HTC Desire Eye in very simple manner using the ADB commands. CWM recovery is best alternative to TWRP recovery and it allows to install custom Roms, mods, and much more. Using this recovery, one can easily control our device more efficiently. However you need your device’s bootloader should be unlocked, it’s easy to unlock bootloader and hardly take few minutes. Visit here to unlock your bootloader.
In order to customize, install custom Rom and do much with the device, the very first step is to install custom recovery on it. If you are looking to install custom recovery such ClockworkMod Recovery on HTC Desire Eye, then you are in right place, in this guide we have shown how we can install it on this Android device. The entire process is very easy and hardly takes 3-5 minutes. You must know that installing custom recovery, unlocking boot-loader is against terms of manufacture and it would void the warranty.
So let’s get started with process, firstly go through the all pre-requisites mentioned and read each of them. As I said before, it would lead to void the warranty of the device. So be sure to do this, however there is no need to worry as you can revert to stock recovery if you want. Remember this guide and CWM recovery is only for International version , HTC Desire Eye (not AT&T). So do not try it on any other device.
You need to unlock the bootloader of your device. The more information and link is already mentioned in very starting of this guide. Desktop / Laptop and USB cable to connect your device to it. Also see: Best Root Apps for high performance
- Download the Fastboot file from here and extract it to your PC.
- Download the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery file from here(cyangenrecovery_eyeul.zip). Extract the zip file and under it you’ll get “cyangenrecovery_eyeul.img”.
Put this “cyangenrecovery_eyeul.img” file into the folder of Fastboot.
Important note: If you are unlocking the bootloader of your device, you must back up your device, it may erase your device completely.
How to install CWM Recovery on HTC Desire Eye
- On PC, run the “Run Me.bat” file. The command prompt will appear.
- Now connect your device using USB cable and make sure that you’ve already installed proper drivers of the device on your PC.
- Now into bootloader mode, type the following on command prompt
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your device will boot to bootloader mode, then select the fastboot mode from options.
- Now install CWM Recovery, type the following command:
fastboot flash recovery cyangenrecovery_eyeul.img
- Once done, type the following to restart yourdeivce
All done! You’ve successfully installed latest CWM recovery on your HTC Desire Eye using fastboot utility. If you face any kind of problem, let us know through your comments, and we’ll help you out.