Here is a good news, the CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow Nightlies Rom for Google Nexus 6 has been arrived on XDA forum and now we could install it on our devices as well and here we’ll help you to install these builds on your device. Basically, CyanogenMod Rom is based on Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and very for popular for the solid performance and extra ordinary features. Since it based on stock firmware, you’ll be getting stock features blended with tons for powerful goodies.
Here in this post, we’ll help you to install this latest CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow Rom on Google Nexus 6 in most simplest manner. However you’ll have to see that you don’t miss any step or skip recommendation while following this procedure. We could easily say that this Rom is much better than stock firmware, you would be able to do many things which won’t be available in stock firmware. It is great opportunity to taste and try the powerful features of CyanogenMod.
If you are looking to install CyanogenMod 13 Rom on Google Nexus 6, then post will surely help you. We have listed all the steps very clearly and you should be following them exactly as mentioned. Since it is Nightlies Rom, you’ll be getting new updates over the air (OTA updates) as soon as they gets rolled out just like the stock. By the time, the Rom would be improved more and would offer better performance and productivity too.
For complete safety, it is recommended to read all the pre-requisites mentioned below and prepare the device accordingly! Supported Device – Firstly we would like to mention clearly that this Rom and guide, both are only for Google Nexus 6 and they shouldn’t be applied on any other device.
Custom Recovery – To install this Rom onto your device, it is necessary to have custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. You should have one of them and without them, it won’t be possible to install this Rom in correct manner.
Backup for safety – We recommend you to back up (NANDROID) your device’s Rom for future aspects. In case you face any issue, so you could easily get to old firmware. Here are quick steps you have to follow under recovery mode to back up your device’s Rom:
Go into recovery mode, mentioned at bottom tutorial.
– For CWM: select ‘backup and restore’.
– For TWRP: select ‘backup’ options.
Put any name for the file and confirm the process for backup!
- Charge your phone to good level so it don’t get turned off at the midst of process. We recommend to charge your device at least 50 percent!
Note:- Put both files to your device’s internal memory and remember both of them.
How to install CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Rom on Google Nexus 6
- Turn off your device.
- Boot into recovery mode → Learn how to boot into recovery mode.
- For clean installation, perform following:
- For CWM: select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’and perform it.
- For TWRP: select ‘wipe’ option and perform it.
- Now install the downloaded Rom zip file as below mentioned:
- For CWM: select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- For TWRP: select ‘install’ option.
- Then locate the zip file and confirm the installation process.
- In similar manner, install the downloaded Google Apps package.
- Once you done with installation process, select ‘reboot system now’ to restart your device.
Now your device will reboot and boot to home screen soon. It might possible that for the first attempt, it make take several minutes to get to home screen so don’t loose your patience as it is completely ok!
So it ends our tutorial that helps to install this late CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Rom on Google Nexus 6 using recovery mode.
If you get your device bricked due to any problem, then you must follow our → How to unbrick Nexus 6 with stock firmware.
Need Help? Follow/add me on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
And don’t forget to mention your queries in below comment section, you are most welcome to make comments.