Motorola again came up with their high pace, newly launched Moto X Play XT1562 is an amazingly powerful device capable of compete with all latest expensive devices at medium budget price. With octa core processor, Adreno 405 and 3 GB RAM, it offers very high performance and there is much more to say about this device. In this post, we come up with new Android tutorial that we’ll help you to root this handset, Motorola Moto X Play XT1562.
If you are looking to root Moto X Play XT1562, then this post we’ll help you in most convenient and which is completely safe to apply. Root has many advantages over a non-rooted device, one can enjoy and utilizes our Android phone much better way. There tons of applications (see our list – best root apps for best performance ) works specifically on rooted devices to make them more useful in almost all aspects and you can to improve your user experience o Moto X Play XT1562 with having root on it.
After rooting your Motorola Moto X Play XT1562, you can easily install custom roms, mods etc. Can customize it more conveniently according to your needs. However to proceed to rooting process, you first need to unlock the bootloader of your device.
Follow our guide to unlock the bootloader of Moto X Play XT1562 – Unlock bootloader of Moto X Style
Don’t get confused between Moto X Play and Moto X Style – The Entire process is completely same for Moto X Play as we have shown in above guide to unlock bootloader of X Style.
- This guide on for Motorola Moto X Play XT1562 and it means nothing for any other model. Make sure to check your device’s model number before proceeding any further, it could damage your device.
- It is necessary to have unlocked bootloader as without it won’t be possible to root it. Proceed with the guide mentioned above.
- It is recommended to save all the important data to some safe place.
- Make sure to enable USB debugging option on your device. To Enable it, → Open Settings> Developer options and enable USB Debugging on your device.
If you don’t see Developers options under Setting option, then follow guide →here to enable this option.
To root this handset, first we’ll install TWRP recovery on this handset and then we’ll flash the SuperSU file on it, which will grant the root access to you.
Install TWRP Recovery on Moto X Play XT1562
- Download the TWRP recovery image from here.
- Flash this downloaded recovery image file on your device using our guide given here.
Once you get it installed on your device follow the below procedure.
How to root Motorola Moto X Play XT1562
- Download the latest SuperSU from here and put it into your device and remember the name and location of it.
- Turn off your device.
- Boot into recovery mode – press and hold Power and Volume buttons all together for 3-5 seconds to boot into fastboot mode. From the options select “Recovery” using Volume down for navigation and Volume up buttons.
- Once you get into recovery mode, Click on “Install” button and then locate the downloaded SuperSU file and swipe to confirm your selection.
- Once you get it installed successfully, from recovery options select “Reboot” to restart your device.
Your phone will restart and take you to home screen very soon. Under the apps, you’ll one more app named SuperSU and it shows that your device has been rooted successfully.
That’s all you got to do! You have successfully rooted your Motorola Moto X Play XT1562 using this guide. If you stuck at any step, let us know so we can help you.