How to improve performance of Redmi Note 2
The Redmi Note 2 offers very decent performance and it comes with very attractive price tag. Now a days, we could easily find good smart phone having all the necessary functionalities, features and good performance of course at very affordable price and Redmi Note 2 it is one of them. In terms of specification it has Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 fitted with PowerVR G6200 GPU that power its graphics and there is 2 GB of RAM. There is no doubt that it has good performance. But still we can extend it further.
We’ll use custom kernel to improve the overall performance of Redmi Note 2. Thanks to XDA member Namaless, who brought a custom kernel call as Miui Speed MOD which promise to enhance the overall performance of Redmi Note 2. You can expect improvements in most of the aspects such as you’ll smoothness in user interface, while playing games on it, when switch one app to another etc.
Also it affects other areas such as external memory, improve SD cards and network performance. However to flash this custom recovery it required that your phone should be rooted and having a custom recovery such a ClockWorkMod or TWRP, any of them you can manage to install on your handset.
Features of Miui Speed MOD
- It works will all Miui Rom, that means you can try this mod other Mi phones too.
- The mod has Init.d support, well for ordinary users this features remains unused all the time, however advance users use it install custom scripts or mod to customize their device more efficiently.
- Memory and cache management much better for better performance.
- It is optimized so that more RAM memory remains free.
- Improve Filesystem, interface, network, kernel, external memory card performance.
- Optimized the cpu frequency and governors based on power profile.
- And much more!
Antutu benchmark- Redmi Note 2 performance
See the below image to see performance benchmark performance on Note 2 with this kernel mod: