How to root Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
These two handsets, the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are currently most adorable smartphones these days. These two, are most powerful devices and comes with tons of features that you won’t see on any other smartphone. Even if we call them as most powerful device ever, that won’t be incorrect either. The popular CF-Auto-Root utility now supports these handsets and we’ve got this tutorial to root Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge easily.
There’s no doubt that this time Samsung’s has come up with the best what they can. And if you’ve rooted, you could do tons of amazing and cool things on your handset. Link with root, we could control and customize the most of the aspects such as user interface, trick hardware to work even better and more productive, get control over installed stock-applications (pre-loaded apps which we usually called bloatwares), there are tons of root applications that help to use Android devices in more personalized and convenient way and there is much more say about it. Here we’ve got this tutorial that helps to root Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge in much easier way.
Why Root? Well, it has been most talked question all the time since the Android operating system has been embedded within mobile and tablets. We have already posted a post about root and if you’d like to know why root is good or bad, you must read this: What is Root? 6 reasons to root your Android phone
What should you know before rooting Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge?
It is our first recommendation to back up your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge. Prevention is always better than cure. So we highly recommend to back up your device first.
For back up purpose, you could follow our guides below:
- A Complete Backup Solution For Android Devices – a list of applications, those you can use to keep backed your device all the time.
- How to back up apps and games with data – you could backup all apps and games with respective data.
Secondly, we want you to charge your device good measure. Charge it at least 50% so it won’t die in midst of the rooting procedure.
And you need a windows PC / Computer based so we could use the Odin application to root this handset.
Let’s begin the rooting process. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be able to get the root access on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
Step 1. Enable “OEM unlock”
Most importantly, you’ll need to enable “OEM unlock” option on your device and it could be enabled only when developer options is enabled.
Follow our below guide to enable developer options on your S7 or S7 Edge
Now you’ve enabled developer mode, follow below steps to enable “OEM unlock”.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap on Developer Options
- Under it, turn on the ‘OEM unlock‘ option.
Step 2. Prepare your PC
When it comes to do anything related to mobile using PC, it is necessary to have the proper drivers installed over it. Without the drivers the PC won’t be able to detect that handset. So download the Samsung’s USB drivers and installed on your PC from below resource:
For rooting purpose, we’ll be using CF Auto Root on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Complete thank goes to CF Auto Root team who brought these files that help to root these two big smartphones.
- Download CF Auto Root for the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F)
- Download CF Auto Root for the Galaxy S7 edge (SM-G935F)
Download the required root file and extract that file your PC, anywhere where you could remember and access.
To obtain root successfully on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, we will Odin flash tool that works on Windows operating system and quite simple to use and it is already included in the root file.
Step 3. Prepare your phone
Now it’s time to prepare the handset for root and so it could get connected to PC.
You’ll need to boot into Download Mode so we could flash root files onto it. Follow below steps to get into Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge:
- Turn off your handset through pressing power button and selecting “power off”.
- Wait at-least 3 -5 seconds.
- Now, press and hold the Power, Volume Down and Home buttons together on your device and keep them pressed.
- Keep them pressed until the download mode is displayed.
Your phone has successfully entered into Download mode and now it could be connected to PC.
Connect it using USB Cable
Now use a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
Step 4. Rooting Process with Odin
Once you’ve connected your phone using USB cable, follow below steps to root it:
- From the extracted folder of root files, right-click on “Odin3-v3.10.6.exe” and click on Run as administrator.
- A following screen will appear once you’ve launched Odin program:
- Since you’ve already connected your device, the ID:COM section will be blue and it indicates that phone has been detected successfully.
- Now from Odin’s menu check the “AP” box and load the “.tar.md5” from the extracted folder as following:
- Once you’ve put the required file, click on “Start” button to start the rooting process. It would take about few minutes to get completed so be patience.
- Once it is done, you’ll see a PASS message and your phone will restart then.
Yeah! We did it! Now you’ve rooted your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 using CF Auto Root.
Now your phone should be rooted, however, to cross check it, you could use root checking application. It comes very handy and simple to use:
- Root Checker – Android app that detects root access
Now, enjoy the →best root applications to make the most out of your Android device. Don’t forget to share your experience or problems if you see any with this tutorial.