How to unbrick or restore Moto G with Stock firmware
Moto G, of course this is best deal ever offered by Motorola. From the past few years, the company was suffering from decrease in their product users, after a decade, finally they brought a device which actually brought them back to mobile market. Moto G is powered with lots of goods, and what makes its so special is that it comes in relatively low price. At that affordable expense, you can expect more from it, and it is one step ahead in all aspects too.
That were my thoughts about this amazing deal. As this handset is powered with Android, so that means it brings lots of opportunity to try lots of uncommon, and somewhat pro utilities. But a downside is that, sometimes tricking, or playing with device ends to bricked condition. Usually it happens when we try new Roms, mods, and other non-official stuff on it. If you have the same concern with Moto G, then this guide would help you to get it restore to its normal working state. You can totally restore it back its original state.
So, without wasting the time anymore lets unbrick the Moto G, first go through the all pre-requisites listed below, and prepare the device accordingly.
- Firstly make sure to check the model no. of the device. This stock firmware is only for Motorola Moto G.
- This will restore your device to it original state or simply to stock OS. Everything will be wiped out from it. Also, you’ll lose the root access, and custom recovery will be replaced with the stock one.
- You need a Windows-based PC with internet connectivity to download the respective files, and utility programs. Windows XP, 7 and 8, can be based on any of them.
- Get the stock firmware from here. The list is somewhat huge, select the desire one from the list based on your carrier. The downloaded file can be in .tar.gz or .xml.zip extension, so remember which type of file you’ve downloaded. Unzip the downloaded file to your PC, and remember the location.
- Download the Motorola Moto G USB drivers from here. It is very essential to install them, they will allow your device to get detected by PC correctly.
Based on your file Extension, select the one from below: